TIME AND PAST TIME TO LOOK AT BOOKS FOR THE WRITER'S BOOKSHELF, ALL TO WHILE AWAY THOSE JUNE HOURS WHEN YOU ARE NOT AT YOUR DAY JOB OR AT THE COMPUTER.
THE POETS & WRITER'S GUIDE TO THE BOOK DEAL
THE STAFF OF Poets and Writer's have prepared a guide to the book deal so you can be prepared for a best-case scenario: the acceptance of your book for publication by one of the "big houses" or even an independent press. It covers all the ABC's so that you get a good grounding in the publication process. The essentials are:
- How books are acquired by editors
- What to look for in a publishing contract
- How the editorial process works
- The author's role in book jacket design
- The differences between independent publishers and the so-called "big houses"
- When self-publishing may be your path to a book deal.
It can be purchased as an e-document for 4.99 U.S.D. HERE.
WRITING CONTESTS are one way to garner attention for your writing and they often offer the possibility of publication if you are a winner. The cover story in this months Poets & Writers is all about the the business of writing contests.
BEFORE YOU CAN LAND THAT CONTRACT, though, you have to hone those writing skills. Suggested reading:
WRITING YOUR SELF,
TRANSFORMING PERSONAL MATERIAL