Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sunday Interview on Ina



Why do you decide to get published? 

I write to publish Dutch novels for a living; the book in English that will be published early 2012 called “Veritas” (Winter Goose Publishers)  is poetry and that is hobby.
What kind of book you have there?

Those novels in Dutch are romantic stories.

How long have you been writing?

For money since July 1997, for fun since I can remember.


Do you have previous publishing experiences?

In magazins, stories and poems, all Dutch


What is the reason you choose the host of your publishing?

The poetry book:  I was blog hopping when I stumbled upon a publisher that asked for submissions.


What is the cost of getting everything done?

Nill for me! I don’t want to do self publishing as it is expensive I think. But I have heard people say it doesn’t have to be these days.


Which part of the book you believe most charming to readers?

Please include 2 or 3 poems in your book…. for fiction, please pick out a paragraph to share.


Ashamed


It takes a rock to hide inside
to be gone, I need to be one with stone
as the cliff of your contempt is hanging over me.
Only there you cannot see me.
I need to be inside the stone.
I spread my body and push
my skin and flesh
inside the granite
till I am gone
torn apart
bleeding
ashamed

The book is halfway done with me


The book is halfway done with me,
I hesitate to read the rest
as I don’t want to say goodbye
to this what I love best.
I read, then watch the clouds go by
and don’t need more than this,
the clouds they change from head to ship,
the book is halfway done with me
and there is more for me to see,
the clouds they take me on their trip.
The book is halfway done with me
and wants me to read on.
I hesitate to read the rest.
This part of books I love the best.



Do you have any hints on how to get published? 


Just try publishers, send them your manuscript if they ask for submissions. 
 

Do you have a favorite author? 


Vladimir Nabokov


What are your major inspirations? 


For poetry: thoughts, about all sorts of things.


What’s your writing plan for the future?

I will write novels till I am a pensioner, and try more poetry and song lyrics.

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

refreshing,

keep it up, Ina.

Ina said...

Thank you very much for this interview :)