Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Meet Our Writers Week 17: Rea Fabia (Bended Spoon)

Tell us about yourself.
 
R-ising from the ashes
E-mpowering herself
A-cting really really strange
 
Tell me about your blog(s), name(s), what does it mean to you? 
 
Bended Spoon was born while my kiddos and I are bending spoons for fun, it struck me that I am very much like a bent spoon – useless to some, fun-to-have to some, special to the One.
 
When have you started blogging?
 
When I felt that I need to do something new – that was July 2010.
 
What's the theme(s) of your blog(s)? What do you write most? Poetry, fiction or novel, or short stories?
 
Bite size servings of pun, fun, and wisdom. Most of my posts are actually based on writing challenges that I join but I honestly don’t know what to call my writings – all I know is I am having fun!
 
What are the inspirations of your writing?
 
Usually it’s the bright side of things and beauty in imperfections.
 
Does music impact your writing?
 
Just to give you a background: I am in my 30’s who loved and soaked in music only in my 30’s. Pain caused me to forget about music when I was young; pain caused me to love music again.
 
So now, before I write I oftentimes listen first to music be it meditation, soulful, or lively. Sorry, I don’t know yet how to properly categorize music.
 
You are involved with Bluebell Books Short Story Slam writing challenge? How do you feel about it so far? What are the benefits of it?
 
 
Shhh I will tell you a secret -- I love Bluebell Books Short Story Slam writing challenge!  It is an opportunity for me to review my life, tell my story and share my outlook without saying that one of the characters is actually me.
 
 
Do you have a favorite blogging friend to share? Tell us about his/her blog link and the writing in it!
 
 
I have a number of blogging friends whom I actually love and one of them is Colleen of The Chatter Master in here http://bikecolleenbrown.wordpress.com/
 
She’s funny, adorable, thoughtful, and writes real good!
 
Do you have a favorite book or author?
 
Oh yes! Here they are in different ages of my life:
 
8 years old and below:  Books by Shel Silverstein and Dr. Seuss
11 years old and below:  Sherlock Holmes, Nancy Drew, and Hardy Boys series
15 years old and below:  Agatha Christie and Perry Mason Series
20 years old and below:  Books by John Grisham, Robert Ludlum, Sidney Sheldon and Ken Follett
Onwards:  Books by John Maxwell, Laurie Beth Jones, Max Lucado, Stormie Omartian and Sarah Ban Breathnach
 
Do you have a favorite quote?
 
You are the spell the Universe has cast. – Phyllis Curott 
 
Any tips for those who started blogging and wish to become successful in it.
 
No need to impress anyone. Just have fun. You are successful the moment you smile!
 
What's your writing plans in the near future? 
 
Now and regardless when, my plan is to just express myself without worrying on the norms. If somebody appreciates it then bless that wonderful being!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

lovely list of books from you, Rea, way to go.

Glad to have you here.