Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Poetry Book Review: on Maya Angelou




I know Maya Angelou for a long time, well, for some reasons, I always enjoy reading psychology books, and inspirational books, biographies are one of those I enjoy reading and learning about people, and I got to know about her by her biography book.

And the book “I know why a caged bird sing”  is world famous, I borrowed a copy from locale public library, I have truly enjoyed the way she took on life’s hardships, as far as I know, nobody is famous for being living a life always free and easy, success is more likely coming from failures, losses, wounds, or struggles…

Maya is a strong woman, and a fabulous writer and poet, glad to share one of her work here with Bluebell Books readers.

According to amazon.com, I quote the book description below.


“Sent by their mother to live with their devout, self-sufficient grandmother in a small Southern town, Maya and her brother, Bailey, endure the ache of abandonment and the prejudice of the local “powhitetrash.” At eight years old and back at her mother’s side in St. Louis, Maya is attacked by a man many times her age–and has to live with the consequences for a lifetime. Years later, in San Francisco, Maya learns about love for herself and the kindness of others, her own strong spirit, and the ideas of great authors (“I met and fell in love with William Shakespeare”) will allow her to be free instead of imprisoned.”


To check out her book, visit here:

1 comment:

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

This is good.

Glad to be reminded of Maya's poetry talent.

L
;)