Sunday, January 22, 2012

Meet Our Writers Week 28 on Anthony Frando


 Tell us about yourself

I was born in Brooklyn N.Y. in 1978. I was raised by my parents who entered America as immigrants from Italy. When I was young, I found myself writing poetry as a way to express my feelings to my family and friends.  I never pursued my writing until when my life changed dramatically on May 22, 2009. While working for a telecommunication company for eleven years, I was involved in a hit and run accident during a weekend getaway; the accident resulted in major injuries. On leave from work I decided to publish my first  poetry book: 

A Book of Poems: The Inner Soul (ISBN: 9781449099916)  in May 2010.  Following that I published my second book After the Storm: Poetry That Refreshes the Soul.  After the Storm is available for advanced copies at this time (http://www.tatepublishing.com/bookstore/book.php?w=978-1-61346-641-4 ).  The official release date January 3, 2012.  Who knew a accident could change the course of my life! 

Tell me about your blog(s), name(s), what does it mean to you?

Blogging for me at http://anthonyfrando.net/  is a great way to provide unique original information that can be found no where else to my reading audience.  My blog focus is writing and collaboration – filtering information and providing context for those interested in a particular subject like my poetry.  For the most part, my blog has fallen into the two categories poetry and fiction. During national writing month in November (nanowrimo.org) I completed 50,000 word mafia novel called The Captain.  I am in the process of editing my work before sending it to a professional editor.  I am also co-authoring ghost novel called The Enchanted Locket with my friend Jennifer McFadden.

When have you started blogging?

I started blogging in March 2010 just before my first poetry book A Book of Poems was published.

Following that I created a fan page at http://www.facebook.com/AnthonyFRando . 

What's the theme(s) of your blog(s)? What do you write most? poetry, fiction or novel, or  short stories?

The theme of my blog is my writing journey.  I would have to say poetry is what I write the most on my blog. Even though I have not been blogging for a long time I found the idea of bloggers and blogging powerful and constantly evolving. Being able to communicate freely to readers without restrictions is a great way to express yourself.

What are the inspirations of your writing?

Inspiration can come from the joy of past relationships,  a tragic event that I experienced, emotions that I felt the day I decided to write a poem. Whether, it may be love, remorse, or healing, I tried to capture an event in my life that sparked my writing.

You are involved with Bluebell Books Short Story Slam writing challenge? How do you feel about it so far? What's the benefits of it?

I absolutely love Bluebell Books Short Story Slam writing challenge.  The blog helps writers share their writing with other bloggers and readers.  I've enjoyed reading, commenting and subscribing to many blogs threw Bluebell.

Do you have a favorite blogging friend(s) to share? Tell us about his/her blog link and the writing in it!

Yes, Jennifer McFadden (http://jenniferemcfadden.net/) She is my friend and co-author for the Enchanted Locket the young adult novel that we are writing together.  We met at University of Phoenix online school in 2003 and kept in touch over the years. She lives in the Houston area with her husband and two sons. She is an author of a children book, Rusty My Playful Cat and she also writes fantasy and science fiction.   


Do you have a favorite book or author?

My favorite book is Theory of Minds: New and Selected Poems from author Bin Ramke ISBN: 9781890650414. One of the best poetry books that I find myself reading over and over.