Wednesday, February 21, 2018

story of the week 83: Bob Hurley



The Winter of My Nature, check out the original post here

Bob Hurley 

Annie catching snow
In the winter of my nature
I retreat
to pull into myself
be still and gather energy
for a cycle of rebirth
In the winter of my nature
I notice
the beauty of bare foundations
like the gnarls on my backyard tree
covered in busyness before
now visible and highlighted with snow
gnarled tree in snow
Tour Guide of My Home in Winter: What I love about where I live
Photos were taken by both me and my husband, David.
The first photo above is me catching snowflakes in front of our house.
The second one is of a gnarled tree right outside my writing window.
In the first row below is a shot I took of my neighbor’s back yard; another of my husband on the frozen lake at Firefighter’s Park, Troy, MI. The park is just across the street and we go there often for walks.
In the middle row is a shot of the creek running through the Lloyd Stage Nature Center also in Troy, MI, after a snow. The nature center is about a mile from where we live and we visit there often as well.
In the final row is a shot looking out from an igloo my husband made from the snow drifts left after shoveling our driveway followed by a shot of one of our cats, Starbaby, enjoying the view on a snow day from inside.