Sunday, June 17, 2012

Welcome dear Bluebell readers.
This week finds us in the third weekend of June.
Why is that special? Yes! You guessed it.

The third weekend in June is when we set aside time to honor those men near and dear to us, Fathers Day of 2012 is today.

So in case you are in need of some literary inspiration to regal that special man in your life, you need to keep reading! 

Joanna Fuchs has been writing poetry since the age of eight.



Her husband began writing poetry mainly to woo her and now they write poetry together.


 They have written more than 700 poems. You can check them out here:

http://www.poemsource.com/father-poems.html


 
So if you are looking for a little last minute inspiration in the form of words for that special dad in your life here is a sample of her work:

                                            Life Lessons
 
You may have thought I didn't see,
Or that I hadn't heard,
Life lessons that you taught to me,
But I got every word.
Perhaps you thought I missed it all,

But Dad, I picked up everything,
It's written on my heart.
Without you, Dad, I wouldn't be
The (woman)(man) I am today;
You built a strong foundation
No one can take away.

                              I've grown up with your values,
                                   And I'm very glad I did;
                              So here's to you, dear father,
                            From your forever grateful kid.


By Joanna Fuchs

So heres wishing you one and all a special day and I will see you back in the sparkling days of July with a very special poet to review.

Until then, keep reading!

all the best, 

Indie

No comments: