Pitch Perfect 2
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Pitch Perfect 2|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Elizabeth Banks|
|Written by||Kay Cannon|
|Edited by||Craig Alpert|
|Distributed by||Universal Pictures|
|Box office||$117.8 million|
PlotFollowing an incident involving Fat Amy having a wardrobe malfunction at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, the Barden Bellas are suspended from the circuit of a capella performing. In order to regain their status, the Bellas enter the international competition—a colossal task since no American team has ever won.
The Barden Bellas
- Anna Kendrick as Beca Mitchell, the senior co-leader of the Bellas, known for creating the unique modern-day sound of the Bellas. She is an aspiring record producer and is now an intern at Residual Heat, a record label. She is dating Jesse Swanson, a senior leader of the Barden Treblemakers.
- Rebel Wilson as Patricia "Fat Amy", an overweight senior Bella from Australia and Bumper's love interest.
- Brittany Snow as Chloe Beale, the three-time super senior with a Type A personality who is the co-leader of the Bellas.
- Ester Dean as Cynthia-Rose Adams, a lesbian senior Bella.
- Alexis Knapp as Stacie Conrad, a senior Bella known for being overly sexual.
- Hana Mae Lee as Lilly Onakurama, a senior Bella known for her quiet speaking voice, odd remarks, and beat-boxing.
- Kelley Jakle as Jessica, a senior Bella.
- Shelley Regner as Ashley, a senior Bella.
- Hailee Steinfeld as Emily Junk, a freshman legacy Bella who is aspiring in writing songs. Her mother was also a Barden Bella.
- Chrissie Fit as Florencia "Flo" Fuentes, a senior Bella who joined the group her sophomore year when she came to Barden University from Guatemala.
- Skylar Astin as Jesse Swanson, the leader of the Treblemakers and Beca's boyfriend.
- Adam DeVine as Bumper Allen, Fat Amy's love interest, former leader of the Treblemakers and current leader of the Tone Hangers. After working for John Mayer, he returns to Barden University as a security guard.
- Ben Platt as Benjamin "Benji" Applebaum, a senior Treblemaker and Emily's love interest.
- Anna Camp as Aubrey Posen, former leader of the Bellas. She now runs the Lodge of Fallen Leaves.
- Flula Borg as Pieter Krämer, Das Sound Machine co-leader
- Birgitte Hjort Sørensen as Kommissar, Das Sound Machine co-leader
- Katey Sagal as Katherine Junk, Emily's mother and a former Bella.
- Keegan-Michael Key as Beca's boss at Residual Heat.
- Elizabeth Banks as Gail Abernathy-McKadden-Feinberg, a capella competition commentator.
- John Michael Higgins as John Smith, a capella competition commentator.
- David Cross as the Riff-Off host.
- Reggie Watts, John Hodgman, Jason Jones, and Joe Lo Truglio as Tone Hanger singers.
- Kether Donahue, C.J. Perry, and Robin Roberts as Legacy Bellas.
- Shawn Carter Peterson as Dax, an intern at Residual Heat and the nephew of Beca's boss.
- Snoop Dogg as himself.
- Green Bay Packers players as themselves, including:
- Pentatonix as Team Canada
- Penn Masala as Team India
- The Filharmonic as Team Philippines
ProductionIn December 2012, Skylar Astin revealed that he and Rebel Wilson had had meetings with Universal Studios about the potential sequel. In April 2013, it was confirmed that a sequel would be released in 2015. Elizabeth Banks directed the sequel, and Kay Cannon returned as screenwriter. Paul Brooks produced for Gold Circle Films, alongside Banks and Max Handelman. Deke Sharon returned as vocal producer. As in the first movie, they ran a month of "a cappella boot camp" before filming.
CastingAnna Kendrick and Wilson returned, playing the characters they originated in the first film. Brittany Snow reprised her character. On April 24, Chrissie Fit was added to the cast.
On May 1, Hailee Steinfeld was added to the cast, playing a new member of the Barden Bellas. On May 5, Adam DeVine was reported to return in the film. On May 14, Katey Sagal was added to the cast, playing Steinfeld's character's mother.
On May 29, Flula Borg was added to the cast. He played the leader of a European a cappella group, Das Sound Machine, that competed with the Bellas. It was confirmed on June 18, 2014 that Christopher Shepard was added to the cast.
It was confirmed on June 19, 2014 that Pentatonix would play the role of a rival group to the Barden Bellas. It was later confirmed that The Filharmonic from season 4 of The Sing Off would make a cameo appearance as a rival group from the Philippines. On August 24, 2014 it was announced that Penn Masala, the all-male Hindi a cappella group from director Elizabeth Banks's and producer Max Handelman's alma mater The University of Pennsylvania, would be featured as a team from Southeast Asia. On June 25, Birgitte Hjort Sørensen was confirmed added to the cast.
lovely music and inspirations.
Post a Comment